[vlc-devel] Very slow msgmerge on 0.9.0

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Sun Dec 9 11:49:48 CET 2007

Le Sunday 09 December 2007 11:06:59 Gilles Sabourin, vous avez écrit :
> I am compiling vlc 0.9-svn on a 4 years old 32bits laptop, and merging
> language messages is as long as code compilation!
>
> Could anyone correct this problem ?

You can rationalize the string so that the translation table shrinks (tough
and unlikely to improve much), or you can try to convince people that their
languages are useless and they should stick to english (very unlikely), or
you complain to *gettext* devs so they improve their merging algorithm (??),
or you disable NLS.

http://www.remlab.net/