[vlc-devel] request for a lanugage

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at nxtelevision.com
Sun Dec 9 16:37:07 CET 2007

Hello,

On Thu, Dec 06, 07 at 13:38 +0530, Mayu Mayooresan wrote:
> I can do the traslations... as a begining and hope soon we can attract more
> translators...
> Please send the .po file

Actually I just remembered that Poongundran Ramachandran proposed to do
the translation in October. So you could contact him to share the work.
I'm attaching the message I sent him with the instructions on how to
translate.

Thanks
--
Xtophe

Hello

>    I am planning to do the localization of VLC into Tamil language,
>
>    Can you people guide me on this.

You can download the translation file at
http://people.videolan.org/~xtophe/l10n/trunk/ta.po You can by example
use poEdit(http://www.poedit.net/) to edit the file. Or simply a text
editor. Make sure to use UTF8 as encoding.

If you have questions you can ask on this mailing list or on IRC on
#videolan at irc.freenode.net

When you have made some progress, you can put the file online and send
us the link or send me the file personnaly (as the po file are too big
for the mailing list).

Thank you for your contribution,

--
Xtophe