[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r23596 (courmisch)

Subversion daemon svn at videolan.org
Thu Dec 13 19:06:34 CET 2007

r23596 | courmisch | 2007-12-13 19:06:34 +0100 (Thu, 13 Dec 2007) | 7 lines
Changed paths:
   M /trunk/modules/demux/live555.cpp

SET_PARAMETER is simply *wrong*. Servers are not supposed to support except for proprietary extensions (meaning we cannot use for just any random server).
Even GET_PARAMETER is hardly good, as it is not mandatory to implement either, but it is a defined way to ping (which SET_PARAMETER ain't).
In any case, the only proper way to ping a stream is RTCP feedback.
When it comes to the control session, better check OPTIONS Allow: header for GET_PARAMETER.

I really wonder how live555 can be so low-level though - smells like we are trying to be too intelligent here.