[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r23686 (dionoea)

Remi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Mon Dec 17 12:56:38 CET 2007

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 08:59:01 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>
wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2007, Remi Denis-Courmont wrote :
>> > Fix modules loading. Next time you potentialy break all of VLC, please
>> > compile and try the change before commiting.

>> When you fix the build system so that it does not take a full 30 minutes
>> to rebuild, I might consider doing that.
> Don't get mad on that, this comment was half a joke... This wasn't
> really meaning to be bad. See IRC logs if needed.

Well, I didn't find it funny at all, considering that:
- *I* was _not_ reading IRC at the time,
- I have "wasted" _hours_ of my week-end waiting for lengthy
  recompilations and trials of the vlc_config_set stuff,
- I did not complain at all about the Qt4/VLM compilation breakage
  that hindered that work and slowed me down,
- the whole point of the faulty commit is to speed up compilation
  by eliminating one reason for changing configure.ac.

I have no problem with joking in here, but please make it more
obvious.

Regards,

http://www.remlab.net