[vlc-devel] Add input option to libvlc_media_instance

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 21:55:43 CET 2007

Hi Pierre,

Just tested this and it works well. I was able to create one media instance
and 8 media descriptor with different options and it worked very well. I had
7 mp3s beeing streamed simoutaneously using UDP to the same IP but different
ports. I could hear the MP3s on the receiving machine by selecting the right
port in VLC. Great!

Unfortunatly some other problems are prohibiting me to do more tests. I
guess these are temporary as development is an ongoing process. But for now
my divx movie plays for about 8 seconds than I get 'File reading failed: VLC
could not read the file.' errors. This file plays flawlessly iusing
the 2007-11-26 nightly build. the 2007-11-26 nightly build seem like the
last build that played my divx properly.
Jacques Boileau
On Dec 14, 2007 9:35 AM, Pierre d'Herbemont <pdherbemont at free.fr> wrote:

> On Dec 14, 2007, at 3:10 PM, jboileau wrote:
>
> > I had tried using the ':' notation first. The results are the same:
>
> Ok. I was mistaken it seems. I did commit something that may help you.
> As of r23606, you can use libvlc_media_descriptor_add_option( p_md, "--
> sout-all", &e );
>
> I'll be happy if you can tell me how it works for you,
>
> Thanks for your interest in VLC,
>
> Pierre.

Jacques Boileau