[vlc-devel] Branching?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Dec 19 22:04:34 CET 2007

Hello,

A few days ago, everything was almost fine on the nightlies.

Then windows file reading was broken.

Then there were all the good changes in modules, and then the changes on
configuration.

Now, windows build segfault on VLC_CPU() at start, the preferences
categories are broken on qt, on mac, and on wx.

Don't get me wrong, this is not that the changes are bad, this is just
that we should discuss what to do.

Is this easily fixable soon and we can really freeze:
 - windows segfault
 - file reading on windows
 - preferences on all categories ?

Should we branch before all those changes after 22577 or something and
let all the core changes for 0.9.1 ?

I don't really care, if we can fix the problems in a non-too distant
future.
If we can't, then I suggest we branch and freeze at least the core
parts.

Bashing someone, or bashing a bad OS is fun but is not going to improve
anything... So please stay calm.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf