[vlc-devel] Branching?

Remi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Thu Dec 20 11:37:31 CET 2007

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 22:04:34 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>
wrote:
> Now, windows build segfault on VLC_CPU() at start, the preferences
> categories are broken on qt, on mac, and on wx.

I have wasted bunch of hours of my free time
and my sleep time trying to track down the
"preferences breakage". Well... it seems
that preference are still working fine
exactly like they used.
Which is consistent with my almost systematic
smoke tests right before or right after committing.

The plugins cache however may be -yet again- broken.
In the mean time, you can run VLC with
--reset-plugins-cache all the time. In fact, while
developping, resetting always is faster than using
the plugins cache (because of the way disk I/O and
file caching works).

http://www.remlab.net