[vlc-devel] No more static theora library provided in latest libtheora packages leads to a vlc link error

Manfred Tremmel Manfred.Tremmel at iiv.de
Fri Dec 21 23:49:12 CET 2007

Am Freitag, 21. Dezember 2007 schrieb Gilles Sabourin:

> This evening I have updated my configurations with latest 1.0beta2
> libtheora packages from packman repository for openSUSE 10.2 /10.3
>
> Manfred Tremel from packman project has not provided static library
> part for theora.

Right, I've synced my packages with the SUSE libtheora packages. They
also do not provide the static libs.

> Hence both vlc-0.8.6d and vlc-0.9 does not link. I tried
> --disable-theora option, but libtool still stops on this error :

We do have vlc 0.8.6d packages on the packman website. Do you have taken
a look on it, how it is made there?

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/
Manfred      | http://www.knightsoft-net.de