[vlc-devel] Branch Skins2 opendir

xxcv xxcv07 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 13:18:16 CET 2007

Hello ipkiss,
I am building VLC branch and libraries using gcc-4.1.1 mingw cross compiler.
I've found that Skins2 will not compile for win32 using gcc other then
3.4.5 mingw special. Also maybe skins2 needs utf8 functions too I think.
Skins2 plugin I build doesn't work correctly and I don't know if I've
compiled any libraries required by skins2 correctly.
Here is a screen shot of my broken build skins2
<http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/xxcv/onlymebrokenskins2.png>
I get empty string in pop up tool tips.
Also it is strange I get "skins2 error: Bitmap too large !" in the log.
I tried showing the variable values through msg_Warn() and I saw the
values are causing this to appear in log and why is this so ?
I downloaded a branch nightly of 20070131-0330 and it works correctly
without the strangeness I encountered.
I used libxml2-2.6.27.tar.gz is this too new for branch ?

Please provide any useful comments that will help me compile skins2
plugin correctly thanks.