[vlc-devel] Re: Problem

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sun Feb 4 20:19:47 CET 2007

Hello,

First, don't post on vlc-devel, since this is not a devel issue. Use
vlc, which is users questions about VLC....

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007, brijay1 at comcast.net wrote :
>    Whenever I open my  vlc player it always says"error while loading
>    DLL'unicows.dll'!The application will terminate now".
Yes, this is a problem under old Windows version.

If you  read the download page of VLC, you
would have found :

"Windows 95/98/Me users: Please note that these versions of Windows are
not officially supported. No VideoLAN developer uses any of these
systems, which makes them hard to support. VLC should mostly work with
them, but some incompatibilities might appear. You might need to
download The Microsoft Layer for Unicode on Windows 95/98/Me Systems.
The two MSLU files need to be put in the C:\Windows\System\ folder"

http://www.microsoft.com.nsatc.net/globaldev/handson/dev/mslu_announce.mspx

>    So I was wondering if there is any way I can download a differnet version
>    without having to download the dll.unicows.Please Help.

You need it. It is free from MS

thanks,
--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf