[vlc-devel] Re: RTCP reports

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Feb 7 17:11:40 CET 2007

>I am using VLC media player to receive the RTP/UDP network stream on Windows
>XP platform. I am using LIVE555 RTP server for streaming MPEG II files. VLC
>could able to receive the stream and play it accordingly. But, how does VLC
>display the RTCP reports it received from the server and how can it send
>RTCP reports to the server.

VLC will automatically send RTCP "Reception Reports" back to the
server (this is done automatically in the "LIVE555 Streaming Media"
library's RTCP implementation).

VLC also receives RTCP "Sender Reports" from the server; however,
there is currently no mechanism in the code for displaying these
statistics.
--

Ross Finlayson
Live Networks, Inc.