[vlc-devel] Re: ffmpeg CODEC_IDs not mapped in VLC

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Mon Feb 12 07:32:24 CET 2007

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007, Antoine Cellerier wrote :
> I made a list of ffmpeg CODEC_IDs not mapped to VLC codecs in ffmpeg.c.
I did the same thing a few weeks ago.
However, I also noticed that some FOURCC were not entirely present,
because of the case sensitiveness of it. So there are other things to
add too :D.
Like, BLZ0 fourcc, that is a fourcc for divx50 or DAVC|davc for h264,
and COL1, col1, COL0, col0 for div6...

> I'm sure that we can explain why most of these are missing ... and add
> the others unless we have a good reason not to.
Yes, the big problem is that a few do work with ffplay but not with VLC
(a few segfaults)... So we have to test them one by one.

> CODEC_ID_8BPS
Segfaults.

> CODEC_ID_AVS
> CODEC_ID_CAVS