[vlc-devel] Updating documentation for clean install

Neil Woodall neil at woodall.occoxmail.com
Tue Feb 20 23:34:55 CET 2007

I've been trying to checkout and build from SVN a clean install of
VLC off and on for a couple of weeks without success. I can't get
past errors that are occurring because files can not be located and I
can't find any past cases in the forums, web, etc...that help. It's
obvious (at least now) that some of the environmental variables are
getting overridden in the make process because the same exact command
that is done as part of the make process (that fails) runs fine from
the command line...but I can't find any documentation that helps.

Please see

http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?p=100496#100496

for more details.