[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r19046 (fenrir)

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Tue Feb 27 21:15:48 CET 2007

Le mardi 27 février 2007 22:09, Laurent Aimar a écrit :
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2007, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > Le mardi 27 février 2007 22:02, Subversion daemon a écrit :
> > > r19046 | fenrir | 2007-02-27 21:02:15 +0100 (Tue, 27 Feb 2007) |
> > > 4 lines Changed paths:
> > >    M /trunk/modules/stream_out/rtp.c
> > >
> > > Fixed H264 rtp packetization.
> > > Force a TTL value of 1 if not defined instead of refusing to
> > > start. (Any suggestion about a better failsafe value ?)
> >
> > The OS default, don't mess with it. 1 definitely sucks big time for
> > anything but IPv4 multicast.
>
>  Yep, then how do we retreive it ? (We need it for proper SDP
> creation)

No, we don't, really (see RFC4566 § 5.7). You can safely put any crap
("/255" being a good choise) in the SDP c=IN IP4 line. Anyway, the
receiver cannot know how many hops there are from the sender, so it can
only sanely ignore the TTL value. What really matters is the TTL as is
passed to the UDP access output, and that should be the OS default.

If you really want to get the real TTL, you would have to getsockopt in
UDP access output and export the result back to the stream output. Big
waste of time.

http://www.remlab.net/