[vlc-devel] javascript plugin spec?

Michael Dale dale at ucsc.edu
Thu Jan 4 22:12:35 CET 2007

Is there a working demo of the version of new javascript hooks for the
VLC plugin. It appears to be broken, example pages implemented using
(version > 0.8.5.1) plugin spec:
http://www.videolan.org/doc/play-howto/en/ch04.html
don't seem to be functional with either a recent nightly
(vlc-0.9.0-svn-20070104-0002) or the 0.8.6 release.
Does http://people.videolan.org/~damienf/plugin-0.8.6.html work with any
version of VLC?
Sites using (version < 0.8.5.1) javascript hooks don't work with players
beyond 0.8.5. For now our site has to point people to an outdated
version of VLC....
There has been a bit of activity in root/trunk/mozilla so I hope this
feature set is not discontinued. Let me know if I can help in anyway...

--michael