[vlc-devel] Re: ffmpeg encoder bugfix: almost fed libavcodec with a frame in the past

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Thu Jan 11 17:12:55 CET 2007

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007, Christophe Mutricy wrote:

> > So, is there anything else necessary from my side to get this somehow
> > in SVN? Should I post it on trac?
>
> Not really. Exept bugging us from time to to time if it doesn't get into
> the svn.
>
> Or if you are very motivated you could review the code and find out if
> there is any reasons why frame.pts is a "signed int" so we can make it
> unsigned.

frame.pts comes from libavcodec, and indeed I think the problem lies in
libavcodec, however we have no entitlement there. The cast to "signed
int" was a bad fix, a correct fix would be to cast AV_NOPTS_VALUE to
int64_t. Maybe someone with more compiler knowledge than me would know
why :

#define AV_NOPTS_VALUE          INT64_C(0x8000000000000000)

is considered unsigned and needs to be casted to int64_t.

--
Christophe Massiot.