[vlc-devel] Web-application with webcam support

Joao Cruz Junior joaoacj at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 14:47:39 CET 2007

Hi, we are developing a web application for security access control in
our buildings. We wish to use the vlc-plugin to take web cam
snapshots. In  versions prior to 0.8.6 the get_int_variable and
set_int_variable should be used to get the snapshot. Now they don't
exist anymore.

I'm trying to modify the plugin code to expose the
libvlc_video_take_snapshot function like a video object method. I'm
not a plugin expert but analyzing the code i found the implementation
of video object method toggleFulScreen. an put my code in the same
function on npolibvlc.cpp

I think i missing something cause the method is not working.

Is the snapshot plugin functionality in the roadmap for the next version?

Thanks

João