[vlc-devel] VOD Trick Play with Amino STB

Brian Gitonga Marete marete at edgenet.co.ke
Fri Jan 12 11:21:35 CET 2007

Hello all,

I have successfully used the subversion sources to build a VLC that can
stream VOD (rtsp://) to the AmiNet 124. I am very happy about this.
Thanks to the people who worked on that.

However, while <play> and <pause> work quite well, other trick play
functions (ff, rw) do not work. Actually, rewind causes a large jump
forward, and so does ff. Has anyone been able to get this to work?

I am conversant with C and C++ development on Linux, and if anyone has
some idea (or hint) about what needs to be done to get this to work, I
will be happy to take a stub at it and contribute back any working code.

Thanks a lot for developing VLC.

Brian Marete.