[vlc-devel] Re: Fix for "_Next_" wxwidgets "Playlist" Crash bug

xxcv xxcv07 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 14:22:23 CET 2007

zorglub, with AddPendingEvent the playlist window will crash wxwidgets
plugin; when:

1. add one file
2. open playlist window
3. repetitively pressing Next
4. it will crash.

This procedure is almost exactly same as having a playlist window open
with many items and playing the list naturally. After a while "it will
crash" when Next in the playlist function is called naturally.

However in the other hand, if using ProcessEvent it will "not crash"
when processing Next item of the playlist window. I have been using this
fix in my vlc builds and my playlist window will "_not crash_" anymore.

I am sure that, many other VLC users have been annoyed by this crash for
a very long time now. The main reason that users are using playlists is
to enjoy and entertain with their music and videos, but if playlist
window will crash VLC every 10-15 minutes, then it is not very good.

Therefore, I am pretty sure, that a lot of people will be very happy
with it patched.

Thank you very much