[vlc-devel] Need help for an encoder/decoder module

Florian pflooo at yahoo.fr
Tue Jul 31 14:40:28 CEST 2007

Hi !
I'm a new beginner in the VLC code, I will make a new
encoder and decoder.

To start I wanted to do a simple encoder/decoder with
make a simple stream copy of the video.

The encoder would copy the picture to a new block. And
the decoder would copy the block back to a new
picture.

I already wrote the Open/Close functions for my
encoder and decoder. I want to work with I420
pictures.

What should I write to get the picture copied in a new
block for the encoder and the block copied back to a
new picture for the decoder ?

I tried many solutions but I didn't found the solution
to have my decoder and encoder working.

Thanks !
Florian