[vlc-devel] Problem: VLC catches mouse when Video is displayed on another screen

CyrusQ at gmx.de CyrusQ at gmx.de
Sat Jul 28 00:57:14 CEST 2007

Dear VLC developers,

I have configured my xorg.conf so that I have one LCD where I'm working on and right of this screen I have a TV where I want to watch movies with VLC. It is configured in a way that the mouse stays in X display :0.0 (LCD) and not moves to :0.1 (TV) when it goes on the right side of the screen.

I start VLC with

#vlc --xvideo-display :0.1 --fullscreen --no-wx-embed

so that the controls are stying on my LCD. In this way I can start the movies by sitting in front of the LCD screen while others can watch the movies on the TV screen in another room.

The problem is that my mouse dissappears on my LCD as soon as the movie is being played. The mouse then seems to appear on the TV screen.

Is this a bug? How can I be sure to stay with have full controls on my LCD screen?

Thanks in advance for your help!