[vlc-devel] PCR discontinuities

Andrew Stone stondage123 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 20:36:30 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I have been using vlc and noticed that for MPEG2 TS when there is a discontinuity in the PCR (such as a large jump, due to a trick play operation), the PTS of frames not yet displayed occurs in the past and they therefore get dropped. If this happens continuously, every frame drops and nothing is displayed. I think the PTS needs to be adjusted for these frames in this case, or the PCR can be adjusted somehow to fix this problem. I was wondering if anyone has been looking into this and attempting to fix it. If not I am going to attempt this. Do you have any ideas where to start?

Thanks,
Andrew