[vlc-devel] repost : symbol not found : vlc exits.

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Tue Jul 10 11:20:36 CEST 2007

Hello Sourav,

> I have done the VLC_EXPORT thing , and also included it in the
> src/libvlc.syms file too. I am still getting the same error. I am at a
> loss.
>
> May you please tell me what is 'nm' you are specifying.

nm is a command line tool. Here is one manpage for it:
http://unixhelp.ed.ac.uk/CGI/man-cgi?nm

Basically you can try to do :

$ nm libvlc.so | grep rtsp_SERVER

First look if it reports something. Depending on the output you can tell how the
symbol is treated. If you seen nothing, try to append the "-a" argument, it
should list some debug symbol with your symbol.

If there is still nothing, well, try to clean build, or try to locate at what
point your symbol disapear, by using nm on the object file.

Pierre.