[vlc-devel] vlc running much faster...

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 07:11:47 CEST 2007

Hi Herman,

  As I mentioned you need to eliminate the dlls as much as possible. I went from 14MB+ to 5MB then I also put in a thread at startup to instantiate jvlc so that when I created my window it was already available.

  Hope that helps,
  -Tony

Herman Schultz <herman.schultz at gmail.com> wrote:

  On 7/11/07, Tony Anecito <adanecito at yahoo.com> wrote:    Thanks to some help from Pierre I was able to get the first time instance of vlc down to near an eye blink from 17 seconds for my users. Reducing the number of dlls I needed helped significantly.
  You ll might want to think about lazy loading rather than eager loading of the modules. Perhaps there is a way to do that via the command line? If so let me know.

  Thanks,
  -Tony

i am interested in how you reduce the first time instance of vlc down to near an eye blink.  Can you please help me how you achieve that?

Thank you.