[vlc-devel] repost : symbol not found : vlc exits.

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Mon Jul 9 12:02:59 CEST 2007

> Hello ,
>          I need some help. I have created a vlc_rtsp.h in the include
> directory which
> contains the struct rtsp_server_t with the following function :
>
> VLC_EXPORT( rtsp_server_t *, rtsp_SERVER, ( vlc_object_t *, const char
> *psz_host, int i_port ) );

You remember some problem when VLC_EXPORT contains carriage return. Make sure
the definition fit in one line. (I think it was only a non-shared libvlc issue
though).

> Now I have included the relevant function and structure in the
> vlc_symbols.h and vlc_common.h.

You may want to include the function rtsp_SERVER in src/libvlc.syms. Depending
on how you build vlc (shared, libtool, etc), it can help.

> So my question , why is it not finding the symbol rtsp_SERVER. Do I
> need to change
> anywhere else.
>
> Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

What does 'nm' on libvlc.so reports?

Hope this helps,

Pierre.