[vlc-devel] translation howto

Suzanne Bolduc boldux at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 19:48:12 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm currently experimenting with AppleTrans and Appleglot, and thought I could try doing something with VLC's resources... I opened a few .lproj files, and was puzzled to see they all seem to only contain English strings...
then I found the following README, inside VLC's Resources folder:

> About the English.lproj, fr.lproj and stuff : please do NOT start a
> translation based on these directories. If you want to start a new
> translation, please contact us at vlc-devel at videolan.org and we'll
> explain you what to do. Thanks

My intention was to try and translate the resources into Esperanto (UTF-8 encoding required).

When you have a chance, could you please send explanations my way.
Thanks in advance,
Suzanne Bolduc
(Montreal)