[vlc-devel] Block access/demux?

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Fri Jul 20 22:54:50 CEST 2007

Le vendredi 20 juillet 2007, Laurent Aimar a écrit :
> > That's problematic if the mux format uses block boundaries from
> > lower layers...
> > Also, is it normal that stream_t.pf_block is just always under any
> > circumstances, NULL ??
>
>  Yes, pf_block is a left over from stream_t design, it was there for
> reading block with their natural boundaries. But later I changed
> stream_Block to read arbitrary block size.

Right, I'll remove it then.

>  Such block reading was not usefull anymore with the concept of
> access_demux_t (at least at that time).

Well yeah, but it is easier to instantiate a stream, and even easier to
use the one from the input, than to instantiate an access manually.

>   What exactly is your situation ?

UDP-, UDP-Lite- and DCCP-based protocols using datagram as boundaries.

No problem, I'll write an access_demux instead.

http://www.remlab.net/