[vlc-devel] Re: Read() in http.c

ying lcs yinglcs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 21:27:41 CEST 2007

Thanks Remi,

The reason I ask this question is when I try to do
'real-time-transcoding on-the-fly' like this, vlc needs to download
the whole source file using http first, before it starts writing the
sdp file:

./vlc -I dummy http://127.0.0.1/test.flv --sout
'#transcode{vcodec=mp4v.... ,sdp=file:///usr/local/moives/test.sdp}'

Can you please tell me why is that? And how can I configure it so that
it is on-the-fly?
i.e. doing transcoding (from flv to mpeg4) without downloading the whole file.

Thank you for any help/pointers.