[vlc-devel] API VLC 0.9.0

Jean-François Massol jf.massol at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 21:21:51 CEST 2007

Hello everyone,

I asked a question a while ago. It was about VLC and RTSP proxy. I
made the change to make VLC accept and stream to the correct address
(the proxy is between the client and the VOD server). Within my
project, I have formats imperatives (Only H.264 or Mpeg-2 over UDP
(rtsp-raw-mux in 0.9.0 thanks to the developer)). So, I don't think
that VLC 0.86 support this feature, I haven't check it yet, so I have
to use API 0.9.0 in order to design my program. But I read up on API
changes into this mailing list, it would seem that API undergoes a
lots of changes. I used 0.86's one, but currently i'm a little bit
lost in 0.9.0's one. Is 0.9 API usable actually or is it submitted to
hard changes ? I tried to compile my program with only 0.9.0
installed but I always obtain "undefined references to ...".

Thanks a lot,

regards,

jf