[vlc-devel] Re: [RFC] sanitize MRL format

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at nxtelevision.com
Fri Jun 15 00:45:11 CEST 2007

> Still, I would say that the "cleanest" solution would to enforce that
> the colon always be followed by two (or more) slashes, otherwise it
> will be considered part of the filename. That will break lame MRL such
> as udp:1.2.3.4 (but that's so inexcusably lame!)
I'm in favor of that. A big fat warning should be printed when a demux:
without // is detected and the behaviour changed in 0.9.1/0.10.0

> Opinions, please.
I don't know well src/input code. But i believe that in the demux case
it tries first with the demux specified by the user/hinted by the access
module, then try all the demux modules. Could we do the same for access
modules ? It would solves the present problem and work for corner case
like the http: directory.

--
Xtophe