[vlc-devel] [RFC] Hotkeys

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Jun 28 20:22:23 CEST 2007

For Win32 and *nix, and the Qt4 interface, I have assigned
Ctrl+letter-keys to dialogs opening and hiding (menu interaction in
general).

However that conflicts with the following hotkeys in VLC:

#   define KEY_SUBDELAY_UP        KEY_MODIFIER_CTRL|'h'
#   define KEY_SUBDELAY_DOWN      KEY_MODIFIER_CTRL|'j'
#   define KEY_AUDIODELAY_UP      KEY_MODIFIER_CTRL|'k'
#   define KEY_AUDIODELAY_DOWN    KEY_MODIFIER_CTRL|'l'

#   define KEY_DISC_MENU          KEY_MODIFIER_CTRL|'m'
#   define KEY_TITLE_PREV         KEY_MODIFIER_CTRL|'p'
#   define KEY_TITLE_NEXT         KEY_MODIFIER_CTRL|'f'
#   define KEY_CHAPTER_PREV       KEY_MODIFIER_CTRL|'u'
#   define KEY_CHAPTER_NEXT       KEY_MODIFIER_CTRL|'d'

#   define KEY_HISTORY_BACK       KEY_MODIFIER_CTRL|'v'
#   define KEY_HISTORY_FORWARD    KEY_MODIFIER_CTRL|'b'
#   define KEY_RECORD             KEY_MODIFIER_CTRL|'r'

I would like to change those hotkeys for these actions.

I know that this change some habits, but well, this would be better,
IMHO. Moreover, that could be a way to harmonise it and, for some of
them make it the same as MAC, ( KEY_SUBDELAY_UP and KEY_SUBDELAY_DOWN
are inversed in VLC-Mac ).

If you are strongly against it, just scream here.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/