[vlc-devel] Dumb question...

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 2 00:38:40 CET 2007

Why is the trunk, or at least the nightly builds, forcing a console window
under Windows?
I've tried resetting things multiple times, but whenever I launch VLC it
opens some kind of a console window plus the expected WxWindows GUI.  Try to
close the console window , and it closes VLC entirely.

This is what is displayed in the console when I launch a file:
VLC media player 0.9.0-svn-20070301-0110 Grishenko
Compiler did not align stack variables. Libavcodec has been miscompiled
and may be very slow or crash. This is not a bug in libavcodec,
but in the compiler. Do not report crashes to FFmpeg developers.

(The first line of it is all that displays when VLC is first opened.)

Thanks.