[vlc-devel] Error building gui/qt4, extended_panels.hpp

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 5 02:53:19 CET 2007

Using Cygwin environment, current trunk (R19197)

I've hit the same error multiple times during the build.  At first I thought
it was just something funky with how moc, rcc, and uic were working -- I've
run into issues with these GUI tools before, bad output from the tools.
Anyhow, I've done a kill-and-fill on this portion of the trunk, get the same
error.

(People may knock wxwidgets, but frankly I've seen garbage come out of the
QT4 tools multiple times, not ready for prime time, at least the Windows
version.  Deprecating wxwidgets really ought to be thought about long and
hard.)

Anyhow, the build goes until it reaches dialogs/extended.cpp, then errors
out with:

nk/./extras/contrib/include -mms-bitfields  -MT
dialogs/libqt4_plugin_a-extended
.o -MD -MP -MF dialogs/.deps/libqt4_plugin_a-extended.Tpo -c -o
dialogs/libqt4_p
lugin_a-extended.o `test -f 'dialogs/extended.cpp' || echo
'./'`dialogs/extended
.cpp
In file included from dialogs/extended.cpp:29:
./components/extended_panels.hpp:59: error: using-declaration for non-member
at
class scope
./components/extended_panels.hpp:59: error: expected `;' before "ui"
make[6]: *** [dialogs/libqt4_plugin_a-extended.o] Error 1

Looking at components/extended_panels.hpp, I see:
private:
    Ui::EqualizerWidget ui;                               //Line 59
    QSlider *bands[BANDS];
    QLabel *band_texts[BANDS];

    void delCallbacks( aout_instance_t * );
    void addCallbacks( aout_instance_t * );