[vlc-devel] Playing custom file format stream in VLC

Nikhil Agrawal mrnikhilagrawal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 06:35:54 CET 2007

Hi,

I want to stream my custom file format stream using Live555 and wish VLC to
play it. I will write code in Live555 server to send data to VLC but I want
to know how can i add plugin in vlc which which will convert that encoded
(custom)data (sent by Live555) to one understandable by vlc (like in wav
format). Do I need to go into code to do so and if then where i need to
modify or is there any option in VLC (like Windows Media Player) to register
a plugin dll and that will work.

Thanks and Regards,
Nikhil Agrawal