[vlc-devel] [RFC] Open in qt4

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Fri Mar 16 01:16:07 CET 2007

Hi,

Many of our users found our way of open (open simple/ advanced/ directory)
a bit messy and not easy to understand (the one under windows of course,
the other are smart... Wait... Gnome usability... Linus...)
Well, after a free bashing, here is the important thing.

Here is a proof of concept :
http://www.jbkempf.com/~jb/vlc/Open-propal.png of what it could be.

Please note that a final version would NOT have the Open/Cancel buttons
in the middle, nor the space under the subtitle box.
Note also that this slows down a bit the open of the dialog.

Advice on that one pleeeeaaasssssseeee...

--
jb