[vlc-devel] Switch to static input when stream stops

Herman Meerlo herman at service2media.com
Fri Mar 16 11:14:42 CET 2007

Hi all,

I have a vlc client running which is transcoding a webcam stream to a
Darwin server. This works very well and my RTSP clients can successfully
watch the stream. But when the webcam doesn't send any data (e.g. it is
temporarily disconnected) then VLC doesn't send any data to the
streaming server (which is logical behaviour). This means that when the
rtsp client tries to setup a rtsp session it will fail. I would like the
stream to be always available, even when the webcam doesn't send any
data. Does anyone know if it is possible that VLC switches to a static
image when it doesn't receive any data from its input? This could be an
image telling the user that the webcam is offline.

Regards,
Herman Meerlo