[vlc-devel] Re: Dbus status and bluetooth

Mirsal ENNAIME mirsal.ennaime at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 12:57:29 CET 2007

Sorry, wrong manipulation.

On 3/19/07, Iuri Diniz <iuri at digizap.com.br> wrote:
> What is the current status of DBus interface control?

It's still a lille buggy and subject to change but it's fairly usable.

> We have a project called LBRC http://lbrc.berlios.de that allows to
> remote control the system (Currently only Linux) by bluetooth and It can
> send key/mouse events or dbus calls.

Sounds good.

> There's a support for control rhythmbox by DBus and I want to add
> support for controlling VLC by DBus of course. Is it planned for next
> release? Where do I find the exported methods?

We are trying to define a common DBus interface for media players, as
a freedesktop standard called MPRIS. You can find details here:
http://wiki.xmms2.xmms.se/index.php/Media_Player_Interfaces
The current VLC svn tree supports the methods and signals listed
there, and has a org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect
method.

Cheers,
Mirsal ENNAIME