[vlc-devel] Re: Podcast improvement

Vincent Maury dimar at via.ecp.fr
Wed Mar 21 20:31:28 CET 2007

Antoine Cellerier a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently at work so i can't test your patch but i'll try to comment
> it (At least the C related aspects).
>
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2007, Vincent Maury wrote:
>> +    static int Subscribe ( char *psz_url , vlc_object_t *p_this );
>> +    static int Unsubscribe ( input_item_t *p_input , vlc_object_t *p_this );
>
> We usualy pass p_this as the first argument.
>
> You also might want to add some locking when calling Subscribe /
> Unsubscribe.

I will look at this. Does the lock be used for playlist or for
configuration-file (or both) ?

> Concerning the rebuild of the "urls" pipe seperated list, it might be a
> good idea to use a seperate function to create it from scratch everytime
> p_sys->ppsz_urls is changed. If the list needs to be updated, you can
> just delete it and create it again. IMO, this will simplify the code.

Thank for all the comment. I is very useful.

I will re-work the code and look for the interface's modifications.

One thing I haven't actually found is how the GUI call the modules'
functions. I have to add buttons that call the subscribe/unsubscribe
function.

--
Vincent (Dimar)