[vlc-devel] [Patch] better support for more recent pvr: drivers

Paul Corke paul.corke at datatote.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 14:23:44 CEST 2007

[Re-sent as the original didn't show up on the list]

This patch adds better support for more recent ivtv drivers.  If it
detects driver 0.8.0 then it uses the v4l2 ioctls to set up bitrate
and audio settings.  For older drivers, it keeps using the old ones.

This means that a commandline like:

vlc pvr:/dev/video0:size=720x576:bitrate=6000000:maxbitrate=6000000

will honour the bitrate and maxbitrate settings; previously with
newer ivtv driver it would just use the card defaults.

The videodev2.h file is copied from the ivtv sources.

Obviously it would be better to do the v4l2 support work, but this
might keep some people happy in the meantime.  I've tried to keep to
the coding standard but please let me know if there are any other
changes needed.

Regards,

Paul.