[vlc-devel] Re: [Patch] better support for more recent pvr: drivers

Paul Corke paul.corke at datatote.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 19:12:13 CEST 2007

On 26 March 2007 17:00, Antoine Cellerier wrote:

> I have no knowledge of pvr/v4l2 stuff but I have some comments about
> the msg_Warn/Err strings you use: Please keep them understandable to
> the average user.

Ok, I've changed them in my working copy.  I also changed the
strings in the bits of code I didn't modify (hope this is ok).

The list of msg_Warn and msg_Err strings is now:

  Failed to read current capture card settings.
  Invalid framerate, reverting to 25.
  Failed to write new capture card settings.
  Tried to set too many v4l2 controls at once.
  There were bits in pvr-audio-bitmask that were not used.
  Failed to write new capture card settings.
  Cannot open device (%s).
  Failed to work out which ivtv driver is in use.
  Failed to select the requested input pin.
  Failed to set the requested video standard.
  Failed to read the current picture size.
  Failed to set the requested picture size.
  Cannot open radio device (%s).
  Failed to read tuner information (%s).
  Failed to read tuner frequency (%s).
  Failed to set tuner frequency (%s).
  Failed to set the volume.
  Could not read byte from device.
  Select error (%s).
  Unimplemented query in control.

I'll wait to see if there are any more changes before sending through
an updated patch.

Paul.