[vlc-devel] [RFC] Skins2 contest proposal

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue May 1 14:39:31 CEST 2007

Hello,

The skins2 module has evolved a bit since 0.8.4 and skins dialog
provider is now Qt interface (for the best or the worst).

The default skin is limited and not too beautiful.
A design contest would give us a lot more skins that the one we have.
Also, it will give some free advertisement for the upcoming version of
VLC.

So I propose a skins2 contest (asked by many skinners on the forum)
with the following rules:

* One month to submit 2 skins by designer send to videolan@ (private)

* We disclose the list and give 2 weeks to the community to choose for
  the best one

* We disclose the results and ship it with 0.9.0

Rules on the designs

* Should implement all the dialog windows,
* Should scale,
* Should weight less than 350kB,
* Should be ...

Thoughts ?