[vlc-devel] Streaming API questions & JVLC

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 01:50:58 CEST 2007

Hi All,

  I am trying to use the VLC client code via JVLC and was wondering how to monitor progress of the download. It was mentioned to enable cache which made some sense but not sure how to go about that or how to monitor the progress. If I add an url to the playlist and then do playlist.play() the VLC appears to lock up. In Quicktime for java you could monitor the progress and the api had a way to set when play was allowed by default it may have been 70% of download before you could play the video.

  Also, is there an event that signals when the video is done playing?

  Thanks,
  -Tony