[vlc-devel] Re: FLV support in videolan client

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 08:10:33 CEST 2007

Hi Hernman,

  I am using the 0.9.0b or dev build and view it just like a normal file. I have had no issues but I used an example from a friend to test.

  Regards,
  -Tony

Herman Schultz <herman.schultz at gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi,

How can I use VLC to view flv file?
I have compiled vlc 0.8.6 on my fedora 5, I get the error when I try to view flv file:

vlc: pcm_plug.c:384: snd_pcm_plug_change_channels: Assertion `snd_pcm_format_linear(slv->format)' failed.
Aborted

I have compiled mplayer1.0Rc1 on the same machine, but I can use it to view the same flv file.

Can you please tell me how can I use vlc to view flv file?

Thank you.