[vlc-devel] Re: python bindings

Andrew Stone stondage123 at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 15:01:41 CEST 2007

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for the heads up. I won't use anything in vlc/python then. I also just realized that I could read streams through the MediaControl python bindings. Can I also send them that way or do I need to use libvlc? Currently I'm streaming through the command line, but opening the stream with the python bindings.

Thanks for your help.

-Andrew

Olivier Aubert <olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr> wrote: Hi Andrew

> Also, please let me know the status of the libvlc and MediaControl
> APIs so I can wrap those up in python bindings as well.
You are in fact looking at an obsolete directory, which has not been
updated (except for minor modifications) since 2003 and should probably
be removed. The current version of the python bindings (as specified in
http://wiki.videolan.org/Python_bindings ) resides in bindings/python,
and wraps the complete libvlc and mediacontrol API.

Is anyone objecting the removal of the old vlc/python directory ?

Olivier