[vlc-devel] Re: python bindings

Andrew Stone stondage123 at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 18:28:45 CEST 2007

Olivier,

I was going to use the vlm bindings, but it looks like in libvlc_vlm_add_broadcast() that there is a call to vlm_MediaNew() which is a macro returning NULL. Thus I can never instantiate my vlm object. Is there any other way to use the vlm bindings or are they not finished yet?

Also, can you please give me an example for passing the command line parameters to the MediaControl object in python so that I can start a simple udp stream to 127.0.0.1?

Thanks,
Andrew

Olivier Aubert <olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr> wrote: > Thanks for the heads up. I won't use anything in vlc/python then. I
> also just realized that I could read streams through the MediaControl
> python bindings. Can I also send them that way or do I need to use
> libvlc? Currently I'm streaming through the command line, but opening
> the stream with the python bindings.
I guess that you could use the vlm bindings (from the libvlc bindings),
or pass the command line parameters during the MediaControl object
instanciation.

Olivier