[vlc-devel] Re: JVLC & vlc testing status...

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 07:47:02 CEST 2007

Hi Filippo,

  Well I was able to get the streaming to work sometimes. Seems the playlist does not always show the correct count of items. Most of the time it shows 0 after adding to the playlist. I check to see if there are items in the playlist before I attempt to play. If zero then I do not play because previously if I played the video it would crash if there was no item in the playlist.

  I also desicover certain videos casue the vlc code to crash such as:

  http://www.movie-list.net/classics/gettysburg.mov

  But yet this works:
  http://images.apple.com/movies/fox/fantastic_4-silver_surfer/fantastic4silversurfer-tlr1_h.480.mov

  I also went and downloaded the latest build and I could not even launch it without vlc crashing. I left an email for the dev group about that.

  So yes sometimes streaming works and sometimes it does not.

  Well got to go look at something else hopefully the issues will get a fixed so I can use vlc again and see if the first url above will work.

  Regards,
  -Tony

Filippo Carone <filippo at carone.org> wrote:
  Hi Tony,
I tried an online stream and it worked fine. The code i used is:

jvlc.playlist.add("http://www.nasa.gov/55644main_NASATV_Windows.asx", \
"a.avi");
jvlc.playlist.play(-1, null);

I tried it both in VLCExample and VlcClient. It's odd you cannot read a
stream :/. Maybe use-vvv to get more details on what happens.

Cheers,
Filippo