[vlc-devel] patch for vlm

Andrew Stone stondage123 at yahoo.com
Sun May 20 23:11:28 CEST 2007

All,

Here is a patch I made to trunk allow some vlm broadcast functionality through libvlc.

For some reason, when I stream an mp4 file from a python session using the following commands, the window locks up either from a deadlock or infinite loop after the stream is over. Due to gdb debugging problems and my inexperience with valgrind I have been unable to fix this. Hopefully I can fix it soon, or someone else can have a try. Here are the commands from an Ipython session

import vlc
bc=vlc.Instance()
bc.vlm_add_broadcast('chan2','../movies/tr.mp4','udp:127.0.0.1')
bc.vlm_play_media('chan2')

In another session to play the video you can use the following

import vlc
mc=vlc.MediaControl()
mc.playlist_add_item('udp:127.0.0.1')
mc.start(0)

Let me know if this patch  is acceptable. This is my first one so please be gentle :).

Thanks,
Andrew