[vlc-devel] Re: How can I embed vlc in my c application

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Mon May 21 19:43:59 CEST 2007

Le lundi 21 mai 2007, Herman Schultz a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> If I want to call vlc functions inside my c/c++ application, can you
> please tell me which libraries I need to link with?

There are three different possibilities.

First you can use the ActiveX or Mozilla plugins. Second you can link
with the libvlc "media control" API, which provides a simple yet more
stable API/ABI to VLC media player. Last you can link with libvlc.(dll|
so|dylib) directly, but the API is currently work in progress, and may
be a bit akward to use.

http://www.remlab.net/