[vlc-devel] Re: patch for vlm

Andrew Stone stondage123 at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 15:39:18 CEST 2007

Hi fenrir,

I tested out your libvlc/vlm code using my initial test case and it is doing the same thing as with my patch. The mpeg file streams fine but locks up the console when the video is done playing. Below is my test case using the python bindings. Note that after a make/ sudo make install, I had to copy the libvlc shared libs to /usr/lib. I used the following command (sudo cp /usr/local/lib/libvlc* /usr/lib).

TEST CASE
--------------------------------------

Ipython Session 1:
--------------------------------
import vlc
bc=vlc.Instance()
bc.vlm_add_broadcast('chan2','movies/tr.mp4','udp:127.0.0.1')
bc.vlm_play_media('chan2')

Ipython Session 2:
import vlc
mc=vlc.MediaControl()