[vlc-devel] Change brightness over python bindings

Dan Ohnesorg Dan at feld.cvut.cz
Tue May 29 12:16:15 CEST 2007

Hello,

I need play videoclips and fade them in/out, so that the switch between
clips is done in black screen.

I didn't find another solution as change the brightness, which is for me
most simple to do over python-mediacontrol.

I have with this two problems, first brightness 0 is not black screen. There
is still possible to show some arefacts of pictures.

Second, the fading is done like this:

    o=VLCObject(0)
    for i in range(1,100,5):
      o.config_set("brightness",i/100.0)
      time.sleep(1)

which should change brightness from zero to some value. But it doesn't
work, only the first config_set is done and the following aren't, the
brightness stays same.

Can, please, someone show me the way to do fading? Python or other way.

cheers
dan